The Expat Center

If you’re moving to the Netherlands for work, if you need information about some registration, tax ruling or any official matters, the Expat Center wil help you out.

Tip: you are only able to register with the municipality if you are staying in the Netherlands for four months or longer.

Expat Center Amsterdam

Address: World Trade Center, F-Tower (first floor)
Strawinskylaan 39, 1077 XW, Amsterdam
Phone: +31 (0) 20 254 79 99

Expat Center Amstelveen

 Address: Startbaan 8, 1185 XR, Amstelveen
Phone: +31 (0) 900 – 9811

Expat Center The Hague

Address: City Hall (Atrium)
Spui 70, 2511 BT, The Hague
E-mail: & (appointments)
Phone: +31 (0) 70 353 50 43

Dutch Government

The Government of the Netherlands (Rijksoverheid) provides all kinds of information on their website. There are certain rules and rights for newcomers who want to work and live in the Netherlands.

Immigration and Naturalisation Service

To work and live in the Netherlands you wil need to register with a municipality. Therefore you need to contact the IND, that also has counters in several expat centers. The IND can provide you with a BSN (personal public service number) which is necessairy to get a job, visit a doctor or open a bank account.


Phone: +31 88 0430 430